List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Mountpoint in media
From:       John Tapsell <johnflux () geola ! co ! uk>
Date:       2005-07-29 13:32:24

Thiago Macieira wrote:

>John Tapsell wrote:
>

>>This looks really good!
>>
>>Do you think you could also set a mimetype for the mount points? :)
>>So in your example  file:///mnt/multimedia would be some mimetype other
>>than folder.  :)
>>

>I don't understand the need. Why would you need the mountpoint information
>there?

Well for one I can right click and mount/umount the mount point.
Another thing we can be smarter when we calculate how much space the
'folder' is occupying since that's just the disk space.

I also want to add actions like "format floppy disk" and remove kfloppy
from the K menu.  And chkdisk etc gui programs can be added here as
well.  Basically any action that could be done on the device, should be
shown for the mount point imho.

JohnFlux

["johnflux.vcf" (text/x-vcard)]

 =