List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Error compiling kdelibs SVN TRUNK: You cannot use Qt 4 .ui-files
From:       Tim Beaulen <tbscope () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-07-28 18:06:51

> In closing, please let me know the following:
> 1. Do I need to compile and install QT4 to compile and install KDE from
> SVN TRUNK?

Yes, you need Qt4 now.
Qt-copy is now Qt4.0.1 as far as I know.

> 2. If so, what configure options do I use?

At least the -debug option.
I also set -prefix /place/where/qt-copy/is

Do ./configure --help to get more options.

> 3. Also, is there somplace on kde.org that refers to this information?

Best place is the core developers mailinglist I guess.

> If "http://developer.kde.org/build/compile_cvs.html" is correct, then a
> simple compile from a fresh checkout should do the trick.
>
> Well, I am now going to get QT4, re-download KDE from SVN TRUNK, and
> then compile it in a completely different path than my current
> (unuseable) install of SVN TRUNK is at.

Note: you'll not get a full working kde with the current trunk though.