List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: locale settings by language
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-07-26 0:32:55

On Tuesday 26 July 2005 01:31, Tomasz Grobelny wrote:
> Is it possible to get locale settings for a given language? For example I want
> to format date in English while my current locale is Polish. If there is no
> appropriate function would such a code be safe (if it works at all):
> QString oldlang=KGlobal::locale()->language();
> KGlobal::locale()->setLanguage("en");
> QString dateInEnglish=KGlobal::locale()->formatDate(qdate);
> KGlobal::locale()->setLanguage(oldlang);

This isn't C, no need to set/reset a global state when you can instanciate a class ;-)

KLocale englishLanguage("en");
QString dateInEnglish = englishLanguage.formatDate(qdate);

should work. KSpread does something similar IIRC, to allow spreadsheet
documents to use a different locale from the KDE-global locale.