List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: bad file assoc. in konq
From:       Matthias Welwarsky <matze () stud ! fbi ! fh-darmstadt ! de>
Date:       2005-07-20 14:46:05

On Wednesday 20 July 2005 16:32, Jason Harris wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Wednesday 20 July 2005 07:22, David Faure wrote:
> > I think in your case it's the determination from the contents that is
> > busted. What does kmimemagictest say about that file?
>
> $ ./kmimemagictest ~/kstars-svn20050720.tar.bz2.md5
> Found text/plain, accuracy 90
>
> If anyone wants to try on the actual file in konqueror, it's here:
> http://www.30doradus.org/kstars/

Not konquerors fault. mime magic is probably also OK but it's not used for remote URLs.

See:

matze@linux:~> wget http://www.30doradus.org/kstars/kstars-svn20050629-i18n.tar.bz2.md5
--16:43:23--  http://www.30doradus.org/kstars/kstars-svn20050629-i18n.tar.bz2.md5
           => `kstars-svn20050629-i18n.tar.bz2.md5'
Resolving www.30doradus.org... 128.196.208.228
Connecting to www.30doradus.org[128.196.208.228]:80... connected.
Length: 66 [application/x-bzip2]

I think the server is reporting an incorrect mime type in the HTTP response.

regards,
	matze

--
From the 'Handbook of Corporate Slang':

- to protect prior investment (phrase):
    describes the inability to revert a wrong decision made
    in the past, expresses willingness of throwing
    good money after bad. (q.v. Fiorina, C.)