List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Against the system:/, media:/ and home:/ namespaces
From:       Manuel Amador <rudd-o () amautacorp ! com>
Date:       2005-07-12 20:56:20

El mar, 12-07-2005 a las 22:49 +0200, David Faure escribió:
> On Tuesday 12 July 2005 22:40, Manuel Amador wrote:
> >  It's enough to
> > know that dragging my music from any of my CDs or pen drives to XMMS
> > just does not work anymore
>
> Oh come on, this is fixed already.

Yes, in SVN.  This means I have to wait eons to get it on my computer.
Mind you, I don't have Internet access (and tons of people over here
don't as well) and the only chance for me is to get those packages via a
64kbit line on my office, after they've trickled down from the kde-
redhat project.

Other use cases:

What happens if I double-click an MP3 stored on my CD-ROM that I've
configured to open with XMMS or beep-media-player?

What happens if I select the URL then middle-click in e.g. Mozilla?
Granted, Mozilla may not be the best place to middle-click an URL
selected from Konqueror, but Nautilus/XMMS and other GNOME apps are
frequent targets for my middle mouse button (Konsole being the single
most popular one and kwrite the second one, for pasting stuff like paths
in pico or python scripts or the command line, I do this perhaps at
least 40 times a day).

--
Manuel Amador                   <rudd-o@amautacorp.com>
http://www.amautacorp.com/            +593 (4) 220-7010