List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: handbook for deb packages
From:       Koos Vriezen <koos.vriezen () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2005-07-10 21:07:31

David Jarvie wrote:
> Why not use an uncompressed docbook from the start? It will get compressed
> when you compress the package for distribution, so I don't see any advantage
> in having it compressed before you package the app.

Yeah well, that was my question. Why and how does it get compressed and
how to prevent it. Note, I'm not making the deb files manually, they are
created by the scripts and the docbook ends up compressed.

I feel a bit silly I asked this, should have figured this out myself.
Just though, as probably more people build for sarge, this is already
figured out by others, saving me time to do this.

Koos