I tried installing xfce. How can I tell what the screen DPI is set to BEFORE gnome-settings changes it? Then I could simply change it back from gnome-control-center.

On 7/9/05, jes.hall@kdemail.net <jes.hall@kdemail.net> wrote:
On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 13:07, Alan Ezust wrote:
> The default fonts look fine until I run gnome-settings-daemon and then
> suddenly kde fonts get WAAAY too big. But the gnome fonts (which previously
> were too small) become the correct size.
>
> I've been unable to get the gnome and kde fonts sizes matching up.

That's because gnome-settings-daemon actually changes the screen DPI setting
when you run it, which is rather badly behaved of it. If you have xfce
installed, perhaps you might find xfce-setting-show a little better to set
gtk styles/fonts in that regard ?

Regards,

Jes Hall

---
KDE Frequently Asked Questions:
http://docs.kde.org/development/en/kdebase/faq/index.html

panic("esp_handle: current_SC == penguin within interrupt!");

--
University of Victoria
Department of Computer Science