List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Trouble building kde-base
From:       Lex Hider <alexejh () westnet ! com ! au>
Date:       2005-06-29 14:28:54

Hi,
Apologies if this comes up twice, but I didn't seem to post after many hours.

I'm using kubuntu. My problem is with compiling the kde3.4.0 sources
from the kde.org tarballs.

After building and installing arts and kdelibs I go to build kdebase.

It fails with the following:

make[3]: *** No rule to make target
`/usr/include/kbookmarknotifier.h', needed by
`kbookmarknotifier.kidl'.  Stop.
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/lexhider/Workspace/KDE/kdebase-3.4.0/konqueror/keditbookmarks'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/lexhider/Workspace/KDE/kdebase-3.4.0/konqueror'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/lexhider/Workspace/KDE/kdebase-3.4.0'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I'd really appreciate any help with this.

I have the same issue with kdebase from svn. I have the same issue whether I
use automake1.9, automake1.7 or unsermake.

Lex.