On Saturday 25 June 2005 17:05, Aaron J. Seigo wrote: > the reason this is in kfile is because it's used in more than one place. > sharing code between apps is a good thing. kdelibs is not a kernel, it's an > application framework. Sharing code is a good thing for sure. But IMO an application framework should be as thin as possible and with a lot of hooks in place. In our case the kfile kio should just tell to all the "a file has been opened"-listeners that a certain action happened on some files. And ship the RecentDocuments listener by default. Right now there is not a simple way to add another hook to the "a file has been opened" action without a kfile recompilation. This limits what a third party application or service can do. > the project is alive and doing very, very well AFAIK. talk to Kurt Pfeifle, > he'll hook you up if there are available accounts. knowing Kurt he'll be > more than happy to get another NXer on board =) Perfect, I'll contact it soon! -- Gioele >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<