List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE development as a spectator sport!
From:       Michael Pyne <pynm0001 () unf ! edu>
Date:       2005-06-22 23:03:21

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 22 June 2005 06:52, Amir Michail wrote:
> It may not help you directly.  But one of the goals of such a system
> would be to make the general public more aware of what software
> development is really like.  This in turn might increase enrollment in
> computer science and participation in open source projects.

I would rather people picked up programming because they liked programming,
not because they wanted to be a rock star.  Many people found this out the
hard way after the tech bubble burst after they had already put 2 years into
a Computer Science degree since they had heard that being a programmer will
net you millions and a Ferrari.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne