List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KDE development as a spectator sport!
From:       Amir Michail <amichail () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-06-22 8:27:55

Hi,

We are still brainstorming research ideas.

This is one of the crazier ones.

Is there some way in which we can make programming a spectator sport?

As a concrete example, how would you build an automated system for
picking out the most exciting KDE development highlights to present to
a non-technical audience?  And how would you present those highlights
in an exciting and compelling way?

I suspect that we would need to focus on people, not just their code.
After all, everyone loves a good fight!

Although this research topic might sound ridiculous, I think it is
actually important.  As you may know, enrollment in computer science
is declining.  We need some way to get the general public excited
about computers again.

Amir