List:       kde-devel
Subject:    tipOfTheDay on startup
From:       Andreas Silberstorff <ml () andreas-silberstorff ! de>
Date:       2005-06-20 23:28:25

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi.
I have a problem with the tip of the day. It only comes on the first startup
after installation though it is checked so it should come on every startup of
kalva. Can someone give me a hint what might be wrong?
Greetings
Andreas

In the help menu the entry is connected to the following slot. That functions
as it should (allways, no matter which state the checkbox is in).

void Kalva::slotTipOfTheDay()
{
  KTipDialog::showTip( this, QString::null,  true );
}

For the startup I call the following function from the constructor of the main
window. That only shows the tip of the day once after installation but never
again no matter if the checkbox is checked or not. :-(

void Kalva::tipOfTheDay()
{
  KTipDialog::showTip( this );
}