List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Removing Kfloppy from kmenu
From:       Manuel Amador <rudd-o () amautacorp ! com>
Date:       2005-06-19 23:29:20

El lun, 06-06-2005 a las 13:06 +0200, Kévin Ottens escribió:
> Le Lundi 6 Juin 2005 11:40, Stephan Kulow a écrit :
> > I don't have any objections, but Nicolas put a lot of effort in there. He
> > might have more insight on how useful it is without have a floppy unmounted
>
> It should be easy to add a konqueror service menu which triggers kfloppy on
> unmounted floppy disks.
>
> > (does media: have a way to poll unmounted floppies? Just asking)
>
> No it can't... And I doubt it'll ever support this kind of polling. AFAIK
> polling a floppy drive is very intrusive, it could be hardly usable.

Yes but some drives support notifications (think Mac), and you could
check the line change which gets triggered as soon as the OS realizes
the floppy disk has been changed (not so useful).

Manuel Amador                   <rudd-o@amautacorp.com>
http://www.amautacorp.com/            +593 (4) 220-7010