List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: 'svn up' omits files
From:       David Jarvie <lists () astrojar ! org ! uk>
Date:       2005-06-16 7:16:42

On Wednesday 15 Jun 2005 02:54, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> David Jarvie wrote:
> >>
> >> did you use -N for the initial checkout? if yes, then thats normal.
> >
> >I can't remember. If I did, is there any way to globally update the
> > checkout to include all missing files, or is it necessary to do a
> > complete fresh checkout?
>
> Is it files or subdirectories that are missing? Files shouldn't be
> missing, ever.

It's mainly individual files which are missing, together with a handful of
subdirectories. I must say that it seems like yet another example of svn
getting things wrong in everyday use - I also, in common with others who have
posted on this list, have had problems where 'svn cleanup' has failed,
leaving the only option of a fresh checkout. For those on slow links, this
isn't good. CVS, whatever its drawbacks, was at least reliable in my
experience.

> Subdirectories aren't fetched if you used -N. You can easily fetch
> everything with:
>
> svn ls | xargs svn up

Thanks.

--