List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: introduction of myself and questions to my planned project
From:       John Tapsell <johnflux () geola ! co ! uk>
Date:       2005-06-15 10:23:22

Hey!
  It sounds good, but I wonder if it would be better to improve
krename?  Better than restarting a new app each time :)
Also juk is a great tool for retagging and renaming mp3's/oggs.
  Maybe you could have a play with qt designer and gimp/krita and come
up with some screenshots for your ideas ?
  It certaintly sounds like you have some interesting ideas.

JohnFlux

Christian Goehl wrote:

>First I want to intorduce myself:
>I am a 20 years old student from Germany. So my English is not perfect!
>I am running KDE 3.4 on Gentoo Linux. I have moderate knowledge about
>C++ and qt.
>
>I am planning to write some software to help me renaming/moving/retagging
>files. I think it could be done as a konqi extension or as a standalone app.
>The reason why I would need such an app is that I share great amount(>40G)
>of data with my friends; mainly mp3/ogg and movies.
>The main problem is that different people have different thoughts of file
>sorting or find it useless/are too lazy.
>I could do it with krename + konqi, but this is very time consuming.
>
>The projetct is still in the planning status. And I think I need some help
>from more professional developers. If you are interested
>mailto://pastulio@gmx.net.
>
>This is the first time I try to participate to an oss project. I am very sorry
>if this is the wrong mailinglist.
>
>thanks for interest,
>		Christian Goehl

["johnflux.vcf" (text/x-vcard)]