List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Compiling KDE from SVN TRUNK on Fedora Core 4
From:       "Steven P. Ulrick" <ulrick2 () faith4miracle ! org>
Date:       2005-06-14 11:53:21

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 12:44:21 +0100
Chris Howells <howells@kde.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday 14 June 2005 12:30, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
>
> > I would be more than happy to downgrade to an older version of
> > gcc.  I am at the point right now that I am redownloading Fedora
> > Core 3.  At least with FC3, I could choose to use gcc3.  If you or
> > anyone else could at least get me started with downgrading gcc
> > without hosing my system, I would greatly appreciate it.
>
> Well, I think you need to take this up on a Fedora mailing list since
> it's really nothing to do with KDE and KDE development. Downgrading
> to gcc3 may be impossible (or very hard -- you'd have to recompile
> all C++ apps and libs) if their gcc4 has an incompatible C++ ABI.

Hello
Yeah, I'm just going back to FC3.  I also have a hard time where I work
when everybody is convinced that all error is on the other side.

Also, how am I supposed to know that all the fault is on their side, if
both sides claim total innocence?  Therefore, I do not feel terribly
guilty about bringing this to the "wrong" list.

Steven P. Ulrick