List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Bookmarks in desktop RMB (Re: [Patch] kdesktop: Allow locking
From:       Jonas Widarsson <jonas () widarsson ! com>
Date:       2005-06-10 10:57:17

fredagen den 10 juni 2005 10.50 skrev David Faure:
> Bookmarks submenu users: speak up now :)

Well, I didn't even know of it. I use the kicker special button for accessing
bookmarks.
However, I see no reason to remove it.
My colleague (only runs windows XP though) has a notorious resistance to
keyboard shortcuts and uses right clicks all the time and navigates quick
like a reptile through submenus. I can't stand it myself, and use keyboard
shortcuts for anything I can configure that way.

Thus, My point is, there is no reason to remove it. Some people are simply
like the fish in water when it comes to right clicking. But I will probably
never use it myself.

Instead, anytime I have to click something, I want it to be a large bloaty
Icon, which is why I keep all maximum size kicker buttons (even the K-menu)
in a left edge autohiding panel, and have only small applets I don't klick
often in an always visible bottom edge panel. (system tray, clock, ksysguard,
taskbar, storage media,  etc.)

One derivative subject on this matter is:
Why are the configurable shortcuts to the left in an open URL dialog only
accessible from there? I would like them to appear among other bookmars as
well, so I need not synchronise them by hand.

That was two opinions in one unnecessarily lengthy email.

Cheers,
--
Jonas Widarsson

tel: +46 271 152 00 - tel: +46 271 121 42 (hemma/home) - gsm: +46 70 539 64 79
MSN: jonaswidarsson@hotmail.com ICQ: 72016688 jabber: jonas@widarsson.com