List:       kde-devel
Subject:    identifying concerns in KDE applications
From:       Amir Michail <amichail () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-06-09 21:40:35

Hi,

Identifying concerns such as the code for drag/drop in an application
is an important part of the search engine I proposed.

I think it might be possible to identify concerns using machine learning.

You could manually select code for the drag/drop concern in a few KDE
applications.

Given this training data, machine learning could then be used to
identify drag/drop concerns in other KDE applications.

If you get a false positive (e.g., the code shown is not part of a
drag/drop concern), you can tell the system so and a negative training
example will be added.

Of course, it's not clear whether any developers would go through the
trouble of manually identifying concerns line-by-line for various
queries.  But again, doing so is sort of like bookmarking -- it makes
it easier to find that code in the future.

Amir