as far as I can tell, in kde 3.3, that is the case as well: kicker won't reload plugins unless restart, or after an execute of kdeinit On 6/9/05, Randy Carnahan wrote: > > Sorry to keep harping on this, but bugs irritate me, especially when I > can't fix them,. ;) The geek in me refuses to give up... > > Is there, especially in KDE 3.4, any reason that kicker applets are > *not* removed from memory after being removed from the panel? I ask, > because in trying to troubleshoot my prior kclip applet issue, I > restarted the project in KDevelop, but instead of having it display > Desktop Name when the desktop is changed, I had it set the text to > foobar: > > deskLabel->setText("foobar"); > > ...then from the Build menu, 'Build Project' and then 'Install As Root' > and then re-moved and re-added the applet to my panel. Lo and Behold, > the label does *not* change to 'foobar' at all, but behaves exactly as > the normal build of the applet. The .la and .so files *are* being > updated in /usr/kde/3.4/lib/ -- but just for kicks, I deleted those > files, rebuild, reinstall, reload and still same thing. > > If I use dcop to call 'kicker Panel restart' and *then* load the applet, > it changes the label to 'foobar' as expected. Therefore, it definitely > appears that the kicker is *not* truly unloading applets when removed. > I'm about to submit a bug report, because nothing else can explain this > behavior of why a label is not respecting font color once assigned, or > why after rebuilding the applet, it refuses to load a newer version. > > Again, if I a missing something, clue me in, please. :) > > Randy Carnahan > > > >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe << > -- "People's characters are strengthened through struggle against difficulties; they are weakened by comfort." - Old Chinese adage >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<