List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Icons are not antialiased
From:       Christoph Bartoschek <bartoschek () or ! uni-bonn ! de>
Date:       2005-06-09 7:52:41

Hi,

I have a problems with the appearance of the icons after a new installation of
KDE 3.4.1. The fonts and normal widgets look good so far, but most icons look
not antialiased. I`ve made a screenshot on my machine with 101 DPI.  You can
find it here:

http://www.pontohonk.de/example/icons.png

I hope you can see that the fonts are ok and antialiased. But you can also see
the  dots around the text "Conquer your desktop" and the ugly icons in the
toolbar.  The icons in the bookmark list look ok, but they are maybe to
small.

What can cause this effect? Normally when I turn off antialiasing fonts and
icons look bad, but now only the icons are not ok.

Besides glibc I've compiled on my own nearly all libs kde somehow depends on .

Is there a problem with my libpng? or qt?

Greets
Christoph Bartoschek