Hi all, is it possible that Qt offers plainly everything but not a single way to sleep system independently? The qthread class have the protected members usleep/msleep/sleep but I assume there's a reason they aren't public. I tried to write a custom QDelay class, which exports those protected members, and - surprise - it hangs on the call. And I don't need a timed signal that connects to a slot but a replacement for usleep. For the time being I include unistd.h but this won't compile on W32. any ideas? Stefan K. >8^) >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<