List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Unified document viewer, lack of communication
From:       Piotr Szymanski <djurban () pld-dc ! org>
Date:       2005-06-04 17:26:53

Hi,
Wilfried Huss (Saturday 04 of June 2005 19:09):
> Why do we need a bounty for something that is already worked upon?
Let me repeat. We dont.

I can take any other bounty, this just seemed more interesting and doable
before end of holidays. I will have to work during holidays to be able to
afford living in Wroclaw, pay for my bills and food, i get the scholarship in
october.

The bounty is what allows me to work on KDE instead of working for some shitty
smallbuisness company in Poland, and I've been around KDE for enough time to
know that if your features get included you support them.

I thought about writing on knode and making it better.  After discussing with
Till it turned out it would mean moving several reusable stuff from kmail to
a lib, which is a big NO before kde4, and kdepim will start porting in
august, if we give till 14th august to make it link, i will have 14 days to
finish doing that and i dont think it is possible.

I have other bounty ideas really and I dont want to bother other developers by
doing my bounty. Kopete is my next target for bounty searching if you decide
that i should work on this bounty.
--
Piotr Szymanski
djurban@pld-linux.org