List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Google's Summer of Code
From:       Mark Somerville <mark () scottishclimbs ! com>
Date:       2005-06-02 14:43:01

On Thursday 02 June 2005 15:08, Stephan Binner wrote:
> On Thursday 02 June 2005 14:53, Mark Somerville wrote:
> > I don't contribute to KDE at the moment, but it's something I'm very
> > interested in doing. Aaron is right - this is hardly encouraging to
> > people who are new to this.
>
> I don't know why you feel being affected: you want to start contributing to
> KDE by speaking for KDE to press or companies? Then please don't as this
> can be very quick rather harm than help: We don't have official
> representatives and press contacts without reason.

I have absolutely no interest in e-mailing Google or anyone else like that and
I'm not saying that CC'ing them was either right or wrong.

I am interested in contributing code though (although that's not important and
could just as easily be document writing or whatever) and your attitude is
off-putting. If someone gets this reaction over writing an e-mail (a pretty
minor event in the grand scheme of things, surely), it doesn't exactly make
the development community seem warm and welcoming to people who haven't lived
and breathed KDE for years.

Mark