List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: aRts Compile
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-05-29 18:00:36

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Jacob Jennings wrote:
>Hello, I am running Gentoo Linux 2005.0 and am trying to compile KDE 3.4
>from source with gcc-3.3.5. However, when compiling aRTs there is an
>error that I have googled and not found a solution to. Here is the
>output of gcc:
>
>collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

This means "ld exited with status 1, look above for more information"

>make[3]: *** [libmcop.la] Error 1

And this means "Making libmcop.la exited with error 1, look above for more
information".

As sarcastic as it may sound, you managed to paste the exact section of
the error message that tells us absolutely nothing. As a rule of thumb,
always look for the first error -- normally, it's the most important one.

--
  Thiago Macieira  -  thiago (AT) macieira (DOT) info
    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:

4. And æfter se scieppend ingelogode, he wrát "cenn", ac eala! se
rihtendgesamnung andswarode "cenn: ne wát hú cennan 'eall'. Ástynt."