List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Question about getting KShellProcess to use a network proxy
From:       Erik Norvelle <erik () norvelle ! org>
Date:       2005-05-26 13:33:43

Greetings Herr Krammer,

Thanks for your message... I agree with you that using KShellProcess is
not very "KDE", but I am a newcomer to the Akregator project, and
wished to begin my contributions by making small changes, rather than
attempting to make radical changes in their networking layer. So, for
the time being, I would like to find a workaround, if possible, using
KShellProcess.

Perhaps there is some way to set an environment variable prior to
running the external process, like "http_proxy"?

Thanks!
-Erik Norvelle