List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Question about getting KShellProcess to use a network proxy
From:       Erik Norvelle <lists () norvelle ! org>
Date:       2005-05-26 10:06:48

Greetings all,

I am relatively new to KDE development, and have started to collaborate
on the Akregator (kdepim) project.  The Akregator RSS aggregator, in
order to fetch the XML content of the RSS feed, uses a KShellProcess,
with the following code:

    d->process = new KShellProcess();
    connect(d->process, SIGNAL(processExited(KProcess *)),
                        SLOT(slotExited(KProcess *)));
    connect(d->process, SIGNAL(receivedStdout(KProcess *, char *, int)),
                        SLOT(slotOutput(KProcess *, char *, int)));
    *d->process << url.path();
    d->process->start(KProcess::NotifyOnExit, KProcess::Stdout);

Where "d" is a struct with an allocated text buffer.

My question is how to get KShellProcess to use an HTTP proxy when
connecting to the net... I frequently am behind a firewall, and would
like to be able to configure Akregator to use the proxy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Erik Norvelle