List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Hide kmix window when started though kmilo
From:       Mauricio Bahamonde <elkrammer () kde ! cl>
Date:       2005-05-25 15:02:34

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

On Wednesday 25 May 2005 09:07, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> Right now, when kmilo starts kmix because you pressed the multimedia keys
> volumeUp, volumeDown or volumeMute and kmix was not already started, it
> places kmix in the system tray and minimizes the kmix window. I find this
> bad for the "user experience" as what i wanted to do was change the volume,
> why i got a new window?
>
> The attached patch makes the window be hidden, so you still get the kmix
> system tray icon (a minor bad). What do you think?

I totally agree with you. KMix shouldn't open a new window nor place a systray
icon just because you changed the volume level using the keyboard.
Your patch seems OK to me.

Would it be posible to find a way to get rid of the systray icon because of
this? Maybe leaving KMix running as a daemon with kded?

Greetings,

--
Mauricio Bahamonde
<elkrammer@kde.cl>

Software is like sex, it's better when it's free.
	-- Linus Torvalds.