List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: DrawPixel
From:       John Tapsell <johnflux () geola ! co ! uk>
Date:       2005-05-19 7:53:06

Hi!
  Welcome to the development team :)
  I'm not sure that its as straightforward as you'd might like to
measure the speed difference in drawing a line.
You need to ask yourself what are you trying measure exactly?

Basically you are drawing a line on the client end on some canvas, then
sending this canvas to the server (QPixmap).
But if using Arthur on QT, you can draw via openGL etc instead.
  Also you could draw directly to the Pixmap on the server using the the
XRENDER extensions (this is what a composite manager does so that the
images of the windows don't have to be downloaded from the server back
to the client, modified, then pushed back up to the server.)

Btw you have your clock on your computer set wrong.  Please fix - it
screws up emails :)

JohnFlux

Horacio Sanson wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Im very new to kde development but not to kde (have used it since version
>2.0).
>
>Im trying to write a simple app to show the speed diferences in line drawing
>algorithms.  Im pretty sure kde and qt api's have line drawing functions
>(i.e. QCanvasLine) but since I have to implement the algorithms I'm looking
>to something like QDrawPixel or KDrawPixel(int x, int y, int red, int green,
>int blue).
>
>Can someone tell me which classes in the KDE or QT API should I look for??  Is
>there a Canvas class in KDE?? I only see QCanvas. Can I overwrite the
>QCanvasLine drawing method to use my drawing algorithm?
>

>any help is appreciated...
>
>Horacio

["johnflux.vcf" (text/x-vcard)]