List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: compiling subversion repository
From:       Michael Pyne <pynm0001 () unf ! edu>
Date:       2005-05-06 7:54:36

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 06 May 2005 03:43 am, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I saw subversion the first time and read the few docus and mails from kde
> to subversion.
>
> For trying, I downloaded from http://ktown.kde.org/~coolo/svn/ the arts
> container and deflated it and couldn't find any real source-files like in
> cvs. It looks like this:

The files are in a hidden .svn directory.

You should use the 'svn info' command in that directory to find out what URL
the sources were checked out from.

After that, use 'svn switch --relocate' (you'll probably want to see the
output of svn help switch first) to change the repository URL to whatever
repo you're using.

Finally, use svn switch to update the sources.

You may be able to skip the above and just use something like svn revert and
have it come back, I'm not sure.  But the sources are all there, just buried
in the .svn dirs.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne