List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Fefault Highlighting colors of KDE
From:       Mauricio Bahamonde <elkrammer () kde ! cl>
Date:       2005-05-03 19:55:30

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi!

On Tuesday 03 May 2005 10:28, Mohammed Sikder wrote:
> Hi Folks,
> It seems that the default KDE default highlighting colors are white
> highlighting on white text. Sometimes, it makes the highlighted text
> kind of invisible. My trivial question is where this highlighting color
> option is defined and how to change?
>
> It looks, under the Look & Feel heading in the KDE control center,
> appropriate color selection could also be made.

If I understood correct, you want to change the "Selected Background" and
"Selected Text" (Highlighting). Indeed, go to the KDE Control Center -> Look
& Feel -> Colors.
From there, go to the groupbox that says "Widget Color", and select the
"Selected Background" option from the combobox. Then you can choose the color
for it. Repeat this with the "Selected Text" option.
Alternatively, you can use the "Preview" at the top, and click on the "object"
you would like to change the color to. This will automatically select the
correct option for you on the "Widget Color" groupbox.

If you want to save this scheme for later use or to send it as a propposal for
the KDE default color scheme (kde-usability would be the correct list for
this), there's a button that says "Save Scheme". It will save all this
information as a .kcsrc file, which happens to be "KDE Color Source File"

I hope I answered your question.

Greetings,

--
Mauricio Bahamonde
<elkrammer@kde.cl>

The number of bugs always exceeds the number of lines found in a program.
	-- Murphy's Computer Laws