List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Solved [Re: kdDebug stalls in arbitrary situations]
From:       Frans Englich <frans.englich () telia ! com>
Date:       2005-04-30 19:34:29

FYI,

On Friday 29 April 2005 07:50, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Am Freitag 29 April 2005 01:49 schrieb David Faure:
> > Looks just like a program that is piped into another, and the other one
> > doesn't read from the pipe. So IMHO it's a bug in the python-script side.
>
> Yes, either you read from the pipe or you close it. There is no other way.

The most logical source of cause, as David points out, is the Python script
since that's the factory which actually enables the error. I, foolishly,
looked at another direction.

The cause was that the Python script read the pipes sequentally, first stdout
and then stderr(which is a bad approach, yes). Mostly stdout closed before
stderr required a read; in the cases it didn't, it blocked, naturally..

Thanks,

		Frans