List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KDevelop/automake beginner's question
From:       Jakob Petsovits <jpetso () gmx ! at>
Date:       2005-04-26 14:20:03

Hi,

You know, I'm a complete automake noob, and I don't see though all this.
(If you hate questions at the most basic level, you're free to stop reading
right here.)

I made a project in KDevelop and now want to split some files off into a
subdirectory. If I got it right, I have to define a new subproject and target
in the Automake Manager for that.

Now if I add a new subproject in src (even without having added any targets),
configure fails, telling me:
  checking for KDE...
  configure: error:
  in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE headers installed. This will fail.
  So, check this please and use another prefix!

Before that, there was no problem building the project. Why does configure
fail to find the KDE dirs when I just added a new subproject?

As I guess I'm not the only one using subfolders here, I thought maybe you
could point me into the right direction again...

Thanks,
  Jakob