List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: moc-problem / introduction
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-04-25 19:44:24

On Monday 25 April 2005 21:18, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> since I am new to this list, here a little intro (skip it if you like): I
> am a core developer and administrator of the KMyMoney personal finance
> manager for KDE. See http://kmymoney2.sourceforge.net for details.
>
> Within our project, we try to stay as close as possible to the admin
> directory of kdelibs (am_edit & Co).  During the last weeks, we noticed
> some pecularities in our build system such that moc files are not being
> re-compiled when necessary.  When scanning the archives of this list, I
> noticed that some more people have problems with moc-files so I became
> convinced it's a good idea to contact you.
>
> I traced our problem down and developed the attached patch, but don't want
> to commit it to our repository before I don't have some comment from the
> people who know more about it and can tell me what else I brake when I use
> this patch. Your input is very welcome.

I can't say whether your patch is right or wrong (I guess it's right), but in any
case I know why we haven't found this problem earlier: most of KDE CVS
includes .moc files from the .cpp files (see the "includemocs" script
which automates this) to make compilation faster. Your patch seems to
affect the other case (.moc.cpp). Anyway, I'll let the real experts (Dirk?)
comment about the patch :)