List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Idea for KDE and directories
From:       Mauricio Bahamonde <elkrammer () kde ! cl>
Date:       2005-04-25 18:31:45

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 25 April 2005 13:33, David Boosalis wrote:
> WOuld it not be a nice feature if when you cd'd to a directory it would
> tell you a description of that directory summed up in one or two sentences:

I don't think this is a Konsole Wish... This should be done at shell level but
i'm not very convinced it's a good idea ;-)
However, I found a easy solution to implement what you want:
Edit your .bashrc and add the following to the end of the file:

function cd
{
   command cd "$@";
   if [ -s .description ]
   then
      cat .description
   fi
}

Now you can create .description files on each dir you want this behaviour and
each time the file .description is found on a dir, it will output it's
content...
Not sure if this is somehow what you wanted...

Greetings,

--
Mauricio Bahamonde
<elkrammer@kde.cl>

If there is a possibility of several things going wrong, the one that will
cause the most damage will be the one to go wrong
	-- Murphy's Law