List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: linkage error with ui-based classes
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-04-19 15:02:53

On 19.Apr 2005 - 13:31:48, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 19.Apr 2005 - 07:48:35, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > >On 19.Apr 2005 - 09:57:20, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > Use nm -C and see if there is any other constructor in your .o
>
> As far as I see there are 2 Constructors:
>
> 00000526 T ImagePrepareDocSettings::ImagePrepareDocSettings()
> 00000000 T ImagePrepareDocSettings::ImagePrepareDocSettings()
>
> But how does knowing that help me with that error?

Together with the newly created dialog this led me to the solution for
my problem: The objcet file of my dialog missed the whole
base-class-part and looked like my ImagePrepareDocSettings class was a
subclass of KConfigSkeleton. So removing everything in
$project/debug/src and completely rebuilding the project solved things.

What probably caused this was a stale intermediate file for
imagepreparedocsettings in debug/src. I first started to write a
KConfigXT-based Settings class with the same name and somehow deleting
the old cpp and .h files and recreating new ones that had the same names
confused the build system.

Andreas

--
You will live to see your grandchildren.