List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kicker/Taskbar: Mouseover effect
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-04-16 18:04:43

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 16 April 2005 10:14, Stefan Nikolaus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if we already have that nifty mouse over effect, why not use them for the
> task buttons? Attached a patch which displays the effect. It shows the
> (full) title, the app's icon and the desktop the task is on.
>
> Comments?

cool.. i would like to see these tips pretty much everywhere. one of the
reasons i haven't gone hog wild on it yet is that there's still a bit more
code duplication necessary than i reall want ... there's a lot of similarity
between the code for the mouse overs in PanelButton and your patch. surely at
least some of it can be factored out ...

the values for the QTimer timeouts should be in KickerSettings to keep those
consistent and easily changeable IMO.

please commit your patch (with the QTimer timeout values in KickerSettings),
but let's remember to come back to the code duplication issue at some point
=)

also, there is support for grabbing thumbnails of windows in the taskmanager
lib... it might be interesting to show the thumbnail instead of the icon in
the tip as an optional bit of eye candy. =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo