List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Thoughts on the systray II.
From:       Aaron Seigo <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-04-15 22:19:53

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On April 15, 2005 21:40, LiuCougar wrote:
> > > I really do not like QXEmbed class: it requires a lot of hack to work
> > > as expected; but I have to use it in my app to implement the applet I
> > > mentioned above...
> >
> > yep. i too dislike XEmbed for these tasks. which is the whole reason for
> > the push away from it here ;)
>
> Can I use the new mechanism in kicker applet? I'd like to be able to
> replace QXEmbed class with a more friendly one.

it should be possible to add a flag to this that says, "make this an applet"

but i have to ask... why do you need the applet in addition to the systray
icon in the first place?

and why are you using QXEmbed for the applet in the first place? to avoid
using DCOP to communicate with it, or...?

(just want to confirm that this is a valid use case before seriously
considering adding support for it =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Society is Geometric