List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kio-locate
From:       Helio Chissini de Castro <helio () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-04-12 15:01:58

Em Tuesday 12 April 2005 04:50, Stephan Kulow escreveu:
> Am Dienstag 12 April 2005 08:50 schrieb Armin Straub:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm the maintainer of kio-locate, a KDE I/O slave for the locate command.
> > You can find it e.g. at kde-apps [1] or at my homepage [2].
> >
> > As I am continuously asked to ask for inclusion to KDE, I hereby do
> > exactly this :-) Do you want kio-locate to be included to KDE? (something
> > like kde-extragear, as locate is not configured properly on a standard
> > system)
> >
> > I admit that I am quite new to all kind of programming especially under
> > KDE, but I would try my best to maintain kio-locate.
>
> It's sad but true that locate is no standard part of a UNIX box, so I don't
> really feel like including it in the core of KDE. But to be included into
> extragar, all that's needed is a statement from you that you're willing to
> maintain it in our CVS and care for KDE standards.
>
> See extragear.kde.org for details
>
> Greetings, Stephan

Hi
I'm "the keeper :-)"  of extragear modules.
As Coolo said, extragear is the best direction to add kio-locate. I will
finish soon some new instructions fo KEG which will appears right afetr
Subversion move was done, which we hope will be soon. Right now i just hide
the old instructions and asking for newcomers wait a bit.
I will schedule contact you asap as new instructions are done, ok?
If you have any doubts, feel free to contact me.

Best regards, Helio.