List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kio-locate
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-04-12 8:12:53

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 12 April 2005 12:50, Armin Straub wrote:
> I'm the maintainer of kio-locate, a KDE I/O slave for the locate command.
> You can find it e.g. at kde-apps [1] or at my homepage [2].
>
> As I am continuously asked to ask for inclusion to KDE, I hereby do exactly
> this :-) Do you want kio-locate to be included to KDE? (something like
> kde-extragear, as locate is not configured properly on a standard system)

i think that would be fine... kio_locate is pretty cool and would make a nice
addition to KEG. you would still be on your own release schedules of course,
but gain much of the benefit of being in KDE's CVS, such as heightened
awareness of your application, translations, etc...

right now we are just about to switch over to subversion, so now is not the
best time, however. as soon as the subversion switch is made (probably within
the week here) please request a CVS^hSVN account from the sysadmins letting
them know what you are looking to put into KEG and then coordinate with the
KEG maintainer for where to put it.

> I admit that I am quite new to all kind of programming especially under KDE,
> but I would try my best to maintain kio-locate.

well, we try to help each other here =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo