List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Anoncvs -> SVN
From:       Mikolaj Machowski <mikmach () wp ! pl>
Date:       2005-03-31 17:14:04

Dnia czwartek, 31 marca 2005 17:50, Thiago Macieira napisał:
> >4. Size of local repository (comparing to CVS)?
>
> Bigger to much bigger.
>
> The local extracted copy is twice the size.

And in numbers?
I forgot how big is clean unpacked CVS tarball :(
tarballs of most modules are ca. 100M (without kdenonbeta and its
descendants).
Compiled repository is ca. 3G

> >5. What happen if update will be suddenly interrupted, will be whole db
> >   corrupted?
>
> Not sure. I don't know if we'll go with BDBFS or FSFS. If the latter,
> the DB is just a bunch of mostly-text files. If we go with BDB, I'd
> recommend running a recovery program after each update.

Does recovery program require connection to repository?

With CVS I was able to update my local copy once a week on dial-up. Not
very stable connection but it worked very good. Will it be possible in
the future?

m.