List:       kde-devel
Subject:    qt4 research questions
From:       Alan Ezust <alan.ezust () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-03-30 17:48:20

I am writing a research paper for school and have a bunch of questions
I'd like to ask to developers who are working on/with Qt4. If you have
some time to answer them, I'd appreciate it much.

   1.      What project are you developing/porting?
   2.     What is your development platform/OS?
   3.     What other development tools do you use, which you find
absolutely essential?
   4.     Do you use KDevelop, kdbg, umbrello, or other kdesdk tools?
Why or why not?
   5.     How do the code changes in the Qt API from 3 to 4 impact the
development of your application? Porting problems? How dependent were
you on some of the old APIs?
   6.     Who decides when you will start working on/releasing the
version based on Qt4 instead of Qt3?
   7.      (If you remember) How did the changes in the Qt API from 2
to 3 affect the development of your application? Were there
code-breaking issues as well? Were they easier or harder to resolve?
   8.      Would you say the process of porting to the newer APIs
resulted in cleaner, less buggy code?

--
University of Victoria
Department of Computer Science