List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KDE 3.4 and default fonts
From:       Christian Metzen <metzench () ccux-linux ! de>
Date:       2005-03-29 9:52:41

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi,

in the moment i'm packaging the newest KDE version for our Repository.
so far everything works fine, good job! But there's one thing thats
still really annoying, the default font behaviour.

I already applied Patches to kglobalsettings.cpp (kdelibs) and fonts.cpp
(kdebase) to use Sans Serif with point size 10 as default. This works
fine when starting kpersonalizer at the first login, but the after
applying all standard settings there the fonts get still changed to
Bitstream Vera, point size 12. I patched Plastik.xml too, so that it
uses the changed fonts and sizes. But still no luck. He always uses the
wrong and oversized ones.

But when i go to the Control Center and enable the default Font Settings
everything is as expected. Really strange...

Any Ideas what needs to be changed to get this working from the
beginning? Would be really nice for our Users.

Thanks in advance for you help.

--
Regards,
                      -\-   Christian Metzen   -/-

Developer and Project Lead for CCux Linux.
 check out http://www.ccux-linux.de/ for more info.
EMAIL : metzench@ccux-linux.de