List:       kde-devel
Subject:    How do I include a header that is created by uic from a .ui file
From:       "ross mcginnis" <ross_mcginnis () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2005-03-27 5:30:53

hello
I´m making a library that includes a widget based on a widget produced from
a .ui file.  The library compiles properly, but when I try to use the
library widget in another library in my program the I get an error that the
base widget of the library widget´s header file is missing. (AFAIK the .ui
files should be processed by uic to generate the corresponding .h and .cpp
files during compile and these files are included automatically.)

code details are-
The base widget : is called WB_multipleaccountsselect, and is designed with
QtDesigner and saved as wb_multipleaccountsselect.ui

The library widget class is:
#ifndef W_MULTIPLEACCOUNTSSELECT_H
#define W_MULTIPLEACCOUNTSSELECT_H
#include "wb_multipleaccountsselect.h"   // this is line 24 : the one that
the compiler chokes on
class W_multipleaccountsselect : public WB_multipleaccountsselect {
Q_OBJECT
public:
}
#end if

The Makefile.am for the library (called libkamibroke) containing the widget
is:
INCLUDES = $(all_includes)
METASOURCES = AUTO
noinst_HEADERS = ..<other .h files here> ... w_multipleaccountsselect.h
lib_LTLIBRARIES = libkamibroke.la
libkamibroke_la_LDFLAGS = -module $(all_libraries)
libkamibroke_la_SOURCES = ..<other .cpp files here> ...
wb_multipleaccountsselect.ui w_multipleaccountsselect.cpp

The W_configpage class (which is within another library) uses a
W_multipleaccountsselect library widget object, ie: the W_configpage  has a
member pointer to the W_multipleaccountsselect widget.

The Makefile.am for the other library (called
libothercashreceiptsjournal_config) that contains the W_configpare class is:
#Note: this makefile has two targets: 1) libothercashreceiptsjournal.la and
2) libothercashreceiptsjournal_config.la
INCLUDES = -I$(top_srcdir)/src/kamibroke_library $(all_includes)
METASOURCES = AUTO
lib_LTLIBRARIES = libothercashreceiptsjournal.la
libothercashreceiptsjournal_config.la
libothercashreceiptsjournal_la_LDFLAGS = -module $(KDE_PLUGIN)
$(all_libraries)
libothercashreceiptsjournal_la_LIBADD =
$(top_builddir)/src/kamibroke_library/libkamibroke.la $(LIB_KPARTS)
noinst_HEADERS =  .. < other .h files here> ... w_configpage.h
libothercashreceiptsjournal_la_SOURCES =   .. < .ui and .cpp files here> ...
libothercashreceiptsjournal_config_la_LDFLAGS = -module $(all_libraries)
libothercashreceiptsjournal_config_la_SOURCES =
othercashreceiptsjournalconfig.cpp othercashreceiptsjournalconfigfactory.cpp
wb_configpage.ui w_configpage.cpp
libothercashreceiptsjournal_config_la_LIBADD =
$(top_builddir)/src/other_journals/other_cash_receipts_journal/libothercashreceiptsjournal.la
$(top_builddir)/src/kamibroke_library/libkamibroke.la

During compiling of the implementation file w_configpage.cpp of the
W_configpage  class when the compiler gets to the  #include
"w_multipleaccountsselect.h" directive it gives error message - "In file
included from /...../w_configpage.cpp:36:
/..../wb_multipleaccountsselect.h: 24:39: wb_multipleaccountsselect.h: No
such file or directory. "   I get this message even though the library has
just compiled properly.

Thanks