List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KMail Intelligently reading emails...
From:       Richard Dale <Richard_Dale () tipitina ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       2005-03-20 10:18:00

On Sunday 20 March 2005 02:05, John Tapsell wrote:
> For the i18n problem... Someone on irc had the excellent idea of training
> it.   When the user makes a selection, and the selection is, say, more than
> say 5 numbers, and more than 50% numbers, then the context menu would have
> "Teach that this is a number".  From then on any numbers that were in the
> same format would be recognised.
That's an interesting insight. The problem is exactly like spam filtering in
reverse. Instead of looking for patterns in mail in order to move them to
the trash, you look for patterns in the mail in order to speak them. So I
wonder if it would be possible to base the code on Spam Assasin or similar.

-- Richard