List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KNewStuff implementation question
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-03-20 3:12:21

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 19 March 2005 06:05, André Somers wrote:
> If you look at the source for DownloadDialog
> (http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/cvs-api/knewstuff/html/down
>loaddialog_8cpp-source.html, line 310 onwards), you see that at the Result
> signal of a get KIO job, the returned data is used to construct a
> QDomDocument. However, no checks for the result of the KIO job are used.
> What happens if the job was cancelled half way down the job, or before any
> data has come in?
> Also, if you look at how the document is constructed and how the elements
> nodes are converted to elements, again there are no checks if the operation
> succeeded. Could that not cause trouble? I think I would opt to check if

wether it can cause trouble or not, such checks would be a good thing to do.
of course, on failure something sensible would need to take place. do you
have patches in the making?

i'm not the author or maintainer of that code, but would be happy and willing
to take care of seeing that any patches towards correctness that you would
offer get triaged.

--
Aaron J. Seigo