List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Apologies and clearing of misunderstandings
From:       Corrin Lakeland <lakeland () cs ! otago ! ac ! nz>
Date:       2005-03-15 22:12:33

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 10:21, Maurizio Colucci wrote:
> For all that, I am very sorry. Please accept my excuses. And, please, allow
> me to state, this time in a hopefully clear way, my intentions. Especially
> read points 2, 4, 5, and 12.

Sounds remarkably similar to that scheme HP set up a few years back.  What was
it called?  SourceXChange or somesuch.  The largest difference is that their
scheme had some person whose job it was to manage each project.  They got a
small share of the money and in return they had to do things like select
which developer would be best, determine if and how much of the work had been
completed, etc.

Oh, another change they had was that the developer didn't do any timelines for
getting the donations.  If a developer saw a project which was at a high
enough level of donations (for them) they would apply (to the manager person)
to start work on that project.

Anyway, I'm not commenting on the merits of the idea, just noting that since
other people have done similar things before it might be worth trying to
incorporate their tweaks rather than realising later that the tweaks were
there for a reason.

Corrin