Michael Nottebrock wrote: > On Sunday, 13. March 2005 16:28, Maurizio Colucci wrote: > > >> The freedom to join other people and, *together*, sponsor the >> developement of a feature we need. > > > You need to understand that sponsoring *features* just isn't realistic, > because your premises about what motivates a developer to implement a feature > in the first place are all wrong. Of course, but this is only true for the *current* developer community! But with the proposed feature, the community would grow and gain new elements who do have that motivation. Today, they keep themselves outside of KDE, obviously. >>Currently, I do *not* have this freedom. Of course, *in theory*, nobody >>prevents me from contacting other people by mail and privately decide to >>cofund something. But *in practice* this is too difficult. > > > Yeah, whatever. Let's just drop this thread here - if you're so convinced > about your idea, go ahead and implement it, i.e. shut up and contribute. Or > find someone you can pay to do it for you. I can't! I need an infrastructure for that too! ;-) Cheers >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<