List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Allow money donations for precise bugs
From:       Mathias Homann <Mathias.Homann () eregion ! de>
Date:       2005-03-13 19:05:00

Am Sonntag, 13. März 2005 19:29 schrieb Waldo Bastian:

> *think* Yes, I still think it's a good idea. You see, KDE will be
> able to sustain itself just fine without users, while it will not
> last a single day without developers. So when it comes to choosing
> between scaring away developers and scaring away users, the choice
> is rather easy actually.

checked that opinion with your employer? who was that again, suse?
which DE is default on suse linux?

> Not all users are so annoying though, there are also nice ones who
> are greatful for the software they get, I have no problem with
> them.

not all developers are so annoying though, there are also nice ones
who are grateful for the feedback they get, i have no problem with
them.

> I'm not sure why you use kmail as example btw, there is exactly one
> KDE developer that I know of who accepts payments for adding
> features, and that is a KMail developer, see
> http://www.kontact.org/shopping/sanders.php

yea, and exactly the one bugzilla entry i was referring to is the one
that sits in bugzilla as assigned to exactly that person, yet he
basically says "i wont do it until i get money for it" on his page.
So, if some people here oppose to paying for features, shouldnt the
same people see that this bugzilla item gets assigned to someone
else?

> > oh, you also might want to think about the getting personally
> > insulting part.
>
> *think* Your father must have mistaken the whore that calls herself
> your mother for a goat. In that regard it's positive that you were
> named after your mother, and not Goatmann after your father ;-)

see that line over there?
thats the fine line between discussion and flaming. and you just
overstepped it. by miles.

besides, it basically says "omg i ran out of sensible things to say"
when you resort to insults.

--
gpg key fingerprint: 5F64 4C92 9B77 DE37 D184  C5F9 B013 44E7 27BD
763C