List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Allow money donations for precise bugs
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-03-13 18:29:44

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 13 March 2005 17:37, Mathias Homann wrote:
> > Ok, let me get this straight, your point is that clueless people
> > like you don't get the opportunity to drive the direction of KDE? I
> > think I have a solution for the problem then. You should be using
> > UDE instead. UDE is a project that is driven entirely by clueless
> > people.
>
> ok, lets drive away all users that are not coders good enough to
> reimplement such a small thing as kmail and the accompanying
> kioslaves singlehandedly.
>
> you might want to think about that one again.

*think* Yes, I still think it's a good idea. You see, KDE will be able to
sustain itself just fine without users, while it will not last a single day
without developers. So when it comes to choosing between scaring away
developers and scaring away users, the choice is rather easy actually.

Not all users are so annoying though, there are also nice ones who are
greatful for the software they get, I have no problem with them.

I'm not sure why you use kmail as example btw, there is exactly one KDE
developer that I know of who accepts payments for adding features, and that
is a KMail developer, see http://www.kontact.org/shopping/sanders.php

> oh, you also might want to think about the getting personally
> insulting part.

*think* Your father must have mistaken the whore that calls herself your
mother for a goat. In that regard it's positive that you were named after
your mother, and not Goatmann after your father ;-)

Cheers,
Waldo