I had to write an application with the following desired behaviors: 1) Listening to X selection changes 2) displaying a popup frame holding a text view (or similar widget) displaying different string depending on the selection made. the text view size had to cope with the string displayed maintaining a 3:1 relation between width and hight (respectively). I've seen the same behavior implemented in different ways ( the first in apps like klipper, ksteak), and I was wondaring if their is a standard (recommended) approach. Thanx in advance. >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<